- 24/7 Reception
- Car parking
- Credit cards
Zostel Plus Wayanad brings nature and the Zostel spirit all together in the heart of Wayanad’s scenic treasury. Nestled in a 700-acre private tea estate, the hostel hosts cheerful countryside vibes, thanks to its idyllic British-era construction and lush surroundings. Work, chill, and watch the sunset from the lavish amphitheatre area or machan, unwind in the hammock, take a refreshing dip in the mini-pool, enjoy bonfires under the night skies, and go on exclusive hikes around the estate. To add to the adventure, the famous Chembra Peak Trek, a popular backpackers’ hike, starts right from the hostel grounds.
In the 19th century, a British company moved to the banks of the heart-shaped Hridaya Saras lake and established the tea plantation where Zostel Plus Wayanad is located. In the 1920s, the Chembra tea estate was established, which was later turned into a hospital. It was then renovated into a Zostel property in 2019. Our hostel, with a century-old history, is still in touch with its roots.
Zostel Plus springs from our inkling to redefine social travel like our hostels and homestays. Our Zostel Plus properties are designed from the ground up to pamper you with exceptional locations, prime services, and unique stay experiences. Come, live it large with us.
Trek to Chembra peak. Go for a morning walk in the wilderness. Experience tea leaves gathering. Hike to Hridaya Sarassu- a heart-shaped lake. Go on nature walks around the hostel.
– Guests are required to pay a 100% advance at the time of booking itself. The entire balance needs to be cleared upon arrival at the property during check-in.
– Our standard check-in time is 12 PM and the standard check-out time is 10 AM. Early check-in and late check-out requests are subject to availability, and may also attract an additional fee at the property’s discretion.
– We strictly DO NOT allow a group of more than 8 people. In case of a group of 4 or more, you might be purposefully allotted different dorm rooms. Further, if the group behaviour is deemed unfit at the property, the Zostel Property Manager, upon subjective evaluation, retains the full right to take required action which may also result in an on-spot cancellation without refunds.
– Children below 18 years of age are not permitted entry/stay at any of our hostels, with or without guardians. We do not recommend families.
– We only accept a government ID as valid identification proof. No local IDs shall be accepted at the time of check-in.
– Guests are not permitted to bring outsiders inside the hostel campus.
– We believe in self-help and do not provide luggage assistance or room services.
– Drugs and any substance abuse is strictly banned inside and around the property.
– Alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited in and around the property premises.
– Right to admission reserved.
what is the nearest bus stand from your property there in Wayanad to travel from Bangalore by Red bus?
Reaching KSRTC bus stand, get into the bus going towards Kalpetta. Get the bus from Kalpetta to Meppadi. After reaching Meppadi town take a taxi. Ask the driver to drop you near Chembra Peak School, Zostel is about 50m ahead of the school.
Do you offer luggage storage?
yes the property has storage options available.
Is it quiet at night?
Depends a lot if there is some event ongoing, but yes the property is located at a quiet location.
Do you have wifi service for work from home?
The property has strong fiber optics Wifi connection.
Do you provide food?
Yes the property has food options available which can be availed upon reaching for extra charges.
Family rooms available?
This is a backpacker hostel, and children or people under the age of 18 are not permitted stay with or without guardians. The same is not recommended for families either.